Kanama HP Coach Profile - Hani Kanama
Name: Hani Kanama
Hani Kanama is one of the premiere coaches in Canada and North America today. He has wisdom in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting and Strength/Sport Conditioning from over 2 decades of high performance coaching. He has a large repertoire of drills, progressions and remedies for people of any body type in any situation.
- In 2013 Hani coached one of the 3 athletes from Canada to go to the World Junior Championships in Lima, Peru.
- In 2011 he was the coach for the Canadian team in at the World Youth Championships.
- From 2005 – 2013 he has been helping coach the Ontario Junior Weightlifting Team as well as the Canadian Senior Team at the Canadian Weightlifting Championship.
- In 2011 - 2012 Hani was a strength and conditioning coach for the Canadian Female Rugby Team,
- Hani currently has been coaching Richard Clune from the Nashville Predators for over 5 years, as well as his brother Matt Clune from Ontario Reign (ECHL).
- Hani also currently coaches many of the top Crossfit competitors on technique and strength training. He builds good foundations in Weightlifting that improve their performance, times and remedies bad movement patterns.
Hani Kanama has had experience coaching almost every aspect of conditioning in any type of sport. He has the ability to apply the fundamentals of weightlifting to assist athletes of every sport. Strength and Conditioning at Kanama High Performance not only improves the athletes’ general capacity but educates them on proper movement patterns, exercises for rehabilitation and stretching to avoid injury. The training at Kanama High Performance is the complete package to an athlete of every sport because it takes every possibility into consideration before it happens. Kanama High Performance staff under the leadership of Hani Kanama pride themselves on having a safe, injury free environment that people can go from normal to extraordinary.